cayenne-user mailing list archives

From do...@xsinet.co.za
Subject 3.1B1 Validation Exception
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:18:16 GMT
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

I'm using 3.1B1 and getting a validation exception BEFORE my onPrePersist
lifecycle method is called ?

Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.validation.ValidationException: [v.3.1B1 May
28 2012
20:59:56]org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreGraphDiff.validateAndCheckNoop(ObjectStoreGraphDiff.java:111)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:806)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:756)

The Cayenne Guide\Lifecycle Callbacks documentation indicates that
PrePersist is called "Prior to commit (and prior to "validateFor*") within
ObjectContext.commitChanges()"

However from the above this doesn't seem to be the case ?

So is this a bug or am I missing something ?