cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Atli Páll Hafsteinsson <atlip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple application using same database, cache issue
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:08:26 GMT
Hi, thanx for the reply.

I am using oscache and set the "cayenne.default.refresh = 20" but
queries seem to be cached longer that 20 sec. I do not explicitly set
the cache group form my queries, do I need to do that or do they end
up in some default group?

Regards,
Atli Páll Hafsteinsson
atlipall@gmail.com

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> So per http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/caching-and-fresh-data.html we have object cache
and query cache. We are planning to align the two at some point with common config and management
facilities. As of now object-level cache is not "managed". So you can't expire things from
it, only refresh explicitly.

> However there's query cache that can be fully managed, and maybe that's what you want.
So whenever you need a group of objects, you just run a query with a certain cache group and
cache policy. Depending in the cache configuration, it will either be immediately returned
from cache, or refetched. And a refetch would update the object cache as a side effect. Personally
with query cache I barely ever look back at the object cache.