cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Configuring Cayenne 3.1 without a XML File
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:11:41 GMT
Yeah, the example is probably very dated. I don't have a full example, but I would start with
reading about Cayenne DI and container customization in cayenne-guide.pdf included in the
release, and then redefine DataMapLoader service provided in org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.ServerModule
to use your own loader that creates a DataMap on the fly. Here is how that looks in ServerModule:

binder.bind(DataMapLoader.class).to(XMLDataMapLoader.class);

Instead of XMLDataMapLoader, you'd provide your own DataMapLoader implementation.

Cheers,
Andrus