cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: NuoDB Cayenne Adaptor
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:32:13 GMT
On 14/08/12 10:00pm, Malcolm Edgar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am interested in developing a Cayenne Adaptor for the NuoDB database
> https://www.nuodb.com/
>
> Its a very interesting database technology for developing scale out / high
> availability solutions. The stuff that relational databases struggle with.
>
> Presumably to get started I would need to create a NuoDBAdaptor extending *
> org.apache.cayenne.dba.JdbcAdapter*.  Is this the best place to start, does
> anyone have any recommendations, or would like to be involved ?
>
> regards Malcolm Edgar

Interesting. Their website is full of marketing speak, but very light on what makes this database
so "revolutionary". What is that attracts you to it over the choice of existing open source
databases?

If it supports the basic SQL specification, there is probably very little code to implement
in the Cayenne dba package.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis