cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: custom type stops working - good-to-broken.diff (1/1)
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:14:39 GMT

On Jul 19, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Arturo Perez wrote:

> diff goodNewMap.xml badOldMap.xml.

So does goodNewMap.xml exhibit the problem with custom types or badOldMap.xml? Sorry, a bit
confused here. Also in the diff could you tell me the names of the columns that are causing
you grief?

> Haven't tried with 3.1.  Don't want the disruption while I finish up my
> project/sprint.  Or is it a seamless upgrade?

Persistence API is 99% compatible (1% is removed deprecated methods). The biggest change is
configuration. The way Cayenne is bootstrapped was rewritten from scratch. So yeah, this will
not be completely transparent.

> **I use a lot of database domain types so that I can keep track of
> exactly what that VARCHAR column really is.  Any way to teach modeler
> how to handle those?

Modeler or runtime? Runtime should just work (aside from the possibility of some buggy code).

Andrus