cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Custom types in PKs and relationships
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:27:55 GMT
So we have 2 parallel mailing list thread discussing as I suspect the same underlying problem:

1. "Stumps me.....Error "java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.UUID" at http://markmail.org/thread/acngeble5stoywvl
2. "custom type stops working" at http://markmail.org/thread/3a6fx2iqjpor7aga

This is an attempt to merge them into one and find the cause.

I tried to reproduce the issue with Cayenne unit tests, but succeeded only partially:

I was using Cayenne 3.2-SNAPSHOT (this is trunk and should be nearly identical to 3.1B1).
Reading and writing meaningful PK with custom type works as excepted. The problem I found
is in reading to-one relationship pointing to a meaningful PK with custom type. But I could
not reproduce a ClassCastException.

Arturo, Kanwar, would it be possible to provide me with the full mapping of a failing entity
and all its relationships, and a piece of code that leads to ClassCastException (via CAY-1728
Jira or directly via email if you don't want to expose your project mapping) ? If you can
build a small standalone test (Junit or just main(..)) it will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Andrus