cayenne-user mailing list archives

From KM <kanwarman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can default values be set in Constructor instead of setPersistenceState()?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:19:09 GMT
I am using Cayenne 3.1B1.

Overriding onPostAdd is not working. I have added the callback in the
modeller added the code below

    @Override
    protected void onPostAdd()
    {
        if (getObjectId() == null)
        {
        setLogicalFolderId(UUID.randomUUID().toString());
        }
    }

Basically - trying to initialize the Primary Key - but this is not working.
When adding multiple related objects - id's of the objects obtained through
- context.newObject() are not having any id.

Can you point me - what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Kanwar Manish

Michael Gentry-2 wrote