cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Cross Database Queries
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 06:08:46 GMT
Hi Guys,

Just started a new project using Cayenne 3.1M3 set up some test code
to see whether I can get the cross database queries to work, but it
seems that every time I run a query across the 2 database it tries to
use the 1 database and hence crashes out with:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name
'dbo.client_contracts'.

The client_contracts table is located in the second database which it
does not seem to use.

I have 2 datamaps, 2 data nodes and a single cayenne-xxx.xml file. A
copy of the file is below, and I am certain that I have done this
before without too much hassles at all.

<domain project-version="6">
	<map name="jay"/>
	<map name="jayExtranet"/>

	<node name="jayExtranetNode"
		 factory="org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.JNDIDataSourceFactory"
		 parameters="java:comp/env/jdbc/jayExtranet"
		 schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SkipSchemaUpdateStrategy">
		<map-ref name="jayExtranet"/>
	</node>
	<node name="jayNode"
		 factory="org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.JNDIDataSourceFactory"
		 parameters="java:comp/env/jdbc/jay"
		 schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SkipSchemaUpdateStrategy">
		<map-ref name="jay"/>
	</node>
</domain>

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Gary