cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross Database Queries
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:49:07 GMT
Thank you Andrus, I was working on it for ages, and then started to
run out of time and rewrote the code to do the join in the code rather
than the DB as the number of records in each table was not very large.
I will give it a try with the schemas in both DataMaps and see how I
go. I did have the 2 SQL Server Database on the same server :)

Gary

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> In our case it turned out a relationship query with a join across DataNodes. Since both
DBs were on the same server, and such join was supported in theory, it was fixed by specifying
schemas for all tables in 2 DataMaps. If the DBs are on different servers and joins are not
possible, I guess you can't map relationships across them.

> Not sure whether your case is one of the above? If not, could you post the SQL that is
causing the Exception.

> Andrus
>

> On Jun 14, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Gary,
>>
>> just stumbled on something similar in one of our client projects. Investigating...
Stay tuned.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> But what happens inside SelectQuery.route(..)? (the failing query is SelectQuery,
right?). This is where the DataNode to Query mapping logic is, so this is the place to look
for clues.