cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross Database Queries
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:06:27 GMT
Thank you Andrus, I'll run it through a debugger and see what could be
causing it, I also try perhaps using an XMLPoolingDataSourceFactory to
see if it makes a difference. Will advise!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

>> I am also using CayenneFilter to initialize Cayenne,
>
> This is fine.
>
>> but I think I was reading in one of the previous threads that CayenneFilter is simple
>> and in more complex situations Srging or Guice should be used to initialize.
>
> I'd rephrase this advice as "Cayenne can be used with a user-prefrerred configuration
mechanism. If you are already using Spring, start ServerRuntime with Spring as well, if you
are using Guice, start it with Guice, if you don't have either - use CayenneFilter or use
your own bootstrap code"

>> I've also read that there is only 1 ServerRuntime is being
>> created and in order to create 2 ServerRuntimes I need a separate
>> DataDomain. Yet I can not create another DataDomain within the same
>> project in the modeller? Does that make any sense?
>
> You are right in that there's only one DataDomain per mapping project in the Modeler
and one DataDomain per ServerRuntime. You have this part backwards: "in order to create 2
ServerRuntimes I need a separate DataDomain". I'd say "in order to have 2 separate DataDomains,
you need to create 2 separate ServerRuntimes". I.e. ServerRuntime is a full isolated Cayenne
stack. You can have 2 ServerRuntimes in the same app started from the same XML (not sure why,
but you can), or from different XML, etc.

> Back to your issue - 2 DataNodes can easily co-exist in the same ServerRuntime (under
a single DataDomain). So I am not sure what the problem is. Maybe put a breakpoint in your
Query "route" method and run your app in debugger to start unwinding this puzzle?