cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne with the last Velocity release
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:19:37 GMT
Hi Paulo,

If you are using Maven to build your project, exclude Velocity from
the Cayenne dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.cayenne</groupId>
  <artifactId>cayenne-server</artifactId>
  <version>3.0.2</version>
  <type>jar</type>
  <scope>compile</scope>
  <exclusions>
    <exclusion>
      <groupId>velocity</groupId>
      <artifactId>velocity</artifactId>
    </exclusion>
  </exclusions>
</dependency>

Then include your 1.7 dependency and Maven should package the correct
Velocity jar for you.  Cayenne's usage of Velocity is trivial and it
shouldn't be impacted by the version switch.

If you are using a different tool to build, I'm sure there is an
exclusion option for it as well.

mrg