cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Durchholz, Joachim" <Joachim.Durchh...@hennig-fahrzeugteile.de>
Subject RE: Cannot correctly configure log4j to log Cayenne stuff
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:46:55 GMT
Is there a way to tell log4j to output its configuration?
Logback has such a feature; there are ties between log4j and logback so the log4j guys might
have implemented that, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: cghersi [mailto:cristiano.ghersi@abodata.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:51 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Cannot correctly configure log4j to log Cayenne stuff

Hi all,

I started using Cayenne two years ago, and I've never understand how to correctly configure
logging feature.
I'm using Cayenne 3.0 under OSGi environment, and I also use log4j in my environment.
In my log4j.xml XML configuration file I added this entry:
	<logger name="org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger" additivity="false">
		<level value="error"/>
		<appender-ref ref="File" />
		<appender-ref ref="console" />
	</logger>

but nevertheless I can see a huge amount of logs from QueryLogger class.
I tried to put this file everywhere in my PC, but same results everytime! :(

Is there any configuration I need to add during the configuration of Cayenne?

Thank you very much!
Best
cghersi