cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne with the last Velocity release
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 09:21:46 GMT
Depending on your build system, could you invoke different versions of velocity for the build
environment (Cayenne) and the runtime environment (your app)?

Alternatively, the velocity templates in Cayenne are quite simple. Perhaps you'd be able to
review what would be needed in upgrading them to velocity 1.7. I don't think it should be
too hard... we'd be happy to see your patches for inclusion in Cayenne. Personally I don't
use Velocity outside of Cayenne, so I don't know what is involved in the upgrade.

Ari

On 9/06/12 11:43am, Paulo Roberto Massa Cereda wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> First of all, kudos to all developers for this great project. :) I have to say I'm really
impressed and satisfied with Cayenne. It really makes things easier to model and implement.

> First of all, apologies if this subject is recurring in the mailing list. I tried to
follow some past messages hoping to find a workaround, but I had no luck so far.

> One specific application of mine makes heavy use of Velocity for generating reports and
other kinds of documents. Most of my templates are really complex, they make use of several
features included in the most recent Velocity release (1.7). Long story short: these templates
are not properly generated from Velocity shipped with Cayenne. :)

> I would like to hear from you experienced Cayenne users if anyone has a successful story
of Cayenne working with Velocity 1.7. The project I have is not Maven-based, but I don't see
any restrictions in a possible migration if a possible solution requires it.

--
Aristedes Maniatis