cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Roberto Massa Cereda <cereda.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne with the last Velocity release
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:43:48 GMT
Dear friends,

First of all, kudos to all developers for this great project. :) I have
to say I'm really impressed and satisfied with Cayenne. It really makes
things easier to model and implement.

First of all, apologies if this subject is recurring in the mailing
list. I tried to follow some past messages hoping to find a workaround,
but I had no luck so far.

One specific application of mine makes heavy use of Velocity for
generating reports and other kinds of documents. Most of my templates
are really complex, they make use of several features included in the
most recent Velocity release (1.7). Long story short: these templates
are not properly generated from Velocity shipped with Cayenne. :)

I would like to hear from you experienced Cayenne users if anyone has a
successful story of Cayenne working with Velocity 1.7. The project I
have is not Maven-based, but I don't see any restrictions in a possible
migration if a possible solution requires it.

Thanks a lot for your time, and again thanks for making Cayenne a jewel
in software development.

Best wishes,

Paulo