cayenne-user mailing list archives

From cghersi <cristiano.ghe...@abodata.com>
Subject RE: Cannot correctly configure log4j to log Cayenne stuff
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:23:30 GMT
Hi Emerson, thank you for the fast response!

Where did you put your log4j.properties? Have you added anything of cayenne
configuration?

Thanks!

Best

cghersi

From: Emerson Casta├▒eda [via Cayenne]
[mailto:ml-node+s195n4024281h43@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: gioved├Č 14 giugno 2012 12:14
To: cghersi
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly configure log4j to log Cayenne stuff

Hi

The way I got to stop too much level of info log by Cayenne, but keeping a
more detail level to other stuff,  using this parameter into my
configuration:

*log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne=ERROR*

Sample of my log4j.properties:

*# Root logger option*
*log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, file, stdout*
*log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=ERROR*
*log4j.additivity.org.apache.commons.httpclient=false*
*log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne=ERROR*
*#log4j.additivity.org.apache.cayenne=false*
*log4j.logger.org.cyberneko.html=ERROR*
*log4j.additivity.org.cyberneko.html=false*
*log4j.logger.org.apache.velocity=ERROR*
*log4j.additivity.org.apache.velocity=false*
*log4j.logger.org.dom4j=ERROR*

Best Regards

EMERSON

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM, cghersi <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I started using Cayenne two years ago, and I've never understand how to
> correctly configure logging feature.
> I'm using Cayenne 3.0 under OSGi environment, and I also use log4j in my
> environment.
> In my log4j.xml XML configuration file I added this entry:
>        <logger name="org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger"
> additivity="false">
>                <level value="error"/>
>                <appender-ref ref="File" />
>                <appender-ref ref="console" />
>        </logger>
>
> but nevertheless I can see a huge amount of logs from QueryLogger class.
> I tried to put this file everywhere in my PC, but same results everytime!
> :(
>
> Is there any configuration I need to add during the configuration of
> Cayenne?
>
> Thank you very much!
> Best
> cghersi
>
> --

  _____

below:

http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/Cannot-correctly-configure-log4j-to-log-Cay
enne-stuff-tp4024280p4024281.html

To unsubscribe from Cannot correctly configure log4j to log Cayenne stuff,
click here
<http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe
_by_code&node=4024280&code=Y3Jpc3RpYW5vLmdoZXJzaUBhYm9kYXRhLmNvbXw0MDI0Mjgwf
DUzMzUzMjY3> .

<http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewe
r&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNam
espace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.Nod
eNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emai
ls%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml> NAML