cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Lewis <jbryanle...@gmail.com>
Subject multiple database querying
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 12:06:12 GMT
We need to fetch objects from a second database.  (That is, query an entity
in a second domain.)  I've tried a couple of quick things -- putting two
domains in one cayenne.xml project -- but I've been unable to make it work,
in Cayenne 3.0.2 anyway.

I found CAY-1318 which says, "Multi-datadomain runtime configurations offer
no advantage over multiple configurations with a single domain each.  So
going to change the project structure to only support a single
DataDomain."  It says it was fixed in 3.1.

So if we upgrade to 3.1 will we have an easier time?  Are there any
examples of querying from multiple configurations?

Thanks,
Bryan Lewis