cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <t...@giaccone.org>
Subject model model, who's got the model….
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 21:59:19 GMT

So here's my situation. I'm building a framework, where I'd like to let my development team
choose to use either sql light or postgres on a shared server as the persistent store.

Using SQLite  lets them do development locally with out having to install Postgress on each
workstation and or be dependent on a central shared postgres server.

My first thought was to create two different models and then pick one in the web.xml file.
I'm sure this would work, but the model name would have to be different for each model, so
as to avoid file name collision. I'm not really keen on that idea, because the models are
the same and vary only in the values in the data node.  And then I thought I could put them
in different folders, which represented the datanode file.

resources/sqlite/myCayenneModel.xml
resources/postgres/myCayenneModel.xml

But it's not clear to me, how that is handled in the web.xml file.  The filter name is the
name of the model, no? How do you manage that if the model is not at the top level of the
classpath?

After thinking about it, it seems to me the best solution is to ask you all.

Just to be pedantic here's the problem.

I have two different data models which essentially different only in the value of the  data
node.
I want to be able to choose one model at compile time.
I don't want to have to change any java code to make the choice. I'd prefer to just edit the
web.xml file.

Anyone have a solution?

Tony Giaccone