cayenne-user mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple data nodes to be selected at run time
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:13:02 GMT
Multiple nodes is no problem.

In 3.1 you use a custom DI module that looks something like this:

import org.apache.cayenne.configuration.DefaultRuntimeProperties;
import org.apache.cayenne.di.Binder;
import org.apache.cayenne.di.Module;

public class AppModule implements Module {
  public void configure(Binder binder) {
    binder.bindMap(DefaultRuntimeProperties.PROPERTIES_MAP)
      .put("cayenne.jdbc.driver.MyDomain.mynode", "org.postgresql.Driver")
      .put("cayenne.jdbc.url.MyDomain.mynode",
"jdbc:postgresql://localhost/my_db")
      .put("cayenne.jdbc.username.MyDomain.mynode", "postgres")
      .put("cayenne.jdbc.password.MyDomain.mynode", "mypassword");
    }
  }
}

However I think the property names have changed and this is no longer
correct.

In 3.0, it's something like this:

Configuration  configuration = Configuration.getSharedConfiguration();
DataDomain  dataDomain = configuration.getDomain();
DataMap  dataMap = dataDomain.getMap("my map name");
DataNode  oldNode = dataDomain.getNode("old node name);
DataNode  newNode = dataDomain.getNode("new node name);

oldNode.removeDataMap(dataMap);
newNode.addDataMap(dataMap);
dataDomain.reindexNodes(); // maybe