cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:07:58 GMT
It seems the datanode is not saved only when it is imported via an EOModel file. I import an
EOModel and the datanode appears as it does in the Entity Modeler. As soon as I save the Cayenne
project, the datanode is lost. So I created a new datanode and copy/pasted all driver info
to the newly created datanode. Saving the project again lost the datanode which came into
CayenneModeler by importing the EOModel, but at least I had the info in the internally created
datanode.
It's repeatable. Should I put it into JIRA'

Regards, Robert

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/                             r. huber
               _/
            _/      _/      _/           7r gmbh
         _/      _/  _/               alpenstrasse 93
      _/      _//                   ch-8200 schaffhausen
   _/      _/
_/      _/                    tel. +41 52 624 81 15   www.seven-r.ch

On 04.04.2012, at 11:52, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> The only reason I can think of is that the project wasn't saved... Or there is a bug
in the trunk build of the Modeler :)

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:
>> Hello Ari
>>
>> Thanks a lot, problem is my DataNode is lost when I open the project (via splash
screen) again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

>> Robert
>>

>> On 04.04.2012, at 10:14, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>>
>>> Cayenne modeler is first and foremost a standalone tool. The eclipse plugin version
is relatively new.

>>> When you run modeler, the splash screen shows you the last models you were editing.
Clicking one should open it.

>>> Ari

sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project, I get
the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just use CayenneModeler
or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?