cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:35:20 GMT
Hello Ari

Thanks a lot, problem is my DataNode is lost when I open the project (via splash screen) again.
How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

Robert

On 04.04.2012, at 10:14, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Cayenne modeler is first and foremost a standalone tool. The eclipse plugin version is
relatively new.

> When you run modeler, the splash screen shows you the last models you were editing. Clicking
one should open it.

> Ari
>
> On 4/04/12 5:38 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> As a newbie to Cayenne, I would like to know if CayenneModeler can be used sensibly
as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project, I get the 2 files
cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
>> Double clicking on either doesn't bring me back into the state I left when I saved
the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just use CayenneModeler
or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?