cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 07:36:04 GMT
Yeah, that's the problem with EOModel import support in general... It is very important to
the users who are converting their projects. But since this is usually a one-time deal, after
all conversion is done, nobody cares about it anymore. So the code doesn't get as much love
as other parts of Cayenne. I certainly appreciate you logging all bugs, so that at least we
know what people have to deal with, and see if we can fix some or all of them.

Thanks,
Andrus

On Apr 5, 2012, at 9:43 AM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:

> Hi Michael
>
> I can perfectly understand that EOModel Import is low priority. For us it's the key part
as we have quite a few EOModels, the biggest having more than 130 entities with more than
200 relationships (and using comments extensively, which are not supported at the moment in
CM, as far as I understand), so we only can make the switch if can get the models over to
CayenneModeler.
> I copy/paste the DataNode info over to a newly created DataNode, then it works.
>
> Thanks, Robert
>

> On 04.04.2012, at 18:52, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> I can understand the EOModel failing to import, especially since
>> EOF-import support is a pretty low priority at this point, however you
>> should be able to add the DataNode in manually.  Did you try exiting
>> the modeler after the import, running it again, and seeing if you
>> could add (and save) the DataNode then?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r <huber@seven-r.ch> wrote:
>>> It seems the datanode is not saved only when it is imported via an EOModel file.
I import an EOModel and the datanode appears as it does in the Entity Modeler. As soon as
I save the Cayenne project, the datanode is lost. So I created a new datanode and copy/pasted
all driver info to the newly created datanode. Saving the project again lost the datanode
which came into CayenneModeler by importing the EOModel, but at least I had the info in the
internally created datanode.
>>> It's repeatable. Should I put it into JIRA'
>>>
>>> Regards, Robert
>>>

>>> _/ _/ _/ _/ _/                             r. huber
>>>              _/
>>>           _/      _/      _/           7r gmbh
>>>        _/      _/  _/               alpenstrasse 93
>>>     _/      _//                   ch-8200 schaffhausen
>>> _/      _/                    tel. +41 52 624 81 15   www.seven-r.ch

is a bug in the trunk build of the Modeler :)

(via splash screen) again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

plugin version is relatively new.

you were editing. Clicking one should open it.

can be used sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project,
I get the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
I left when I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to
just use CayenneModeler or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?