cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:55:04 GMT
Hi Robert

If you had any developer time available, you could review the patch here for modeler comments
and properties:

This was created by an intern I briefly had at work. The guts of it are done, but a bit of
cleaning up is needed before it is ready to merge. I've dropped the ball on this for a while
since I've been so busy, but it would be great to get it merged.

Ari

On 5/04/12 4:43 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:
> Hi Michael
>
> I can perfectly understand that EOModel Import is low priority. For us it's the key part
as we have quite a few EOModels, the biggest having more than 130 entities with more than
200 relationships (and using comments extensively, which are not supported at the moment in
CM, as far as I understand), so we only can make the switch if can get the models over to
CayenneModeler.
> I copy/paste the DataNode info over to a newly created DataNode, then it works.
>
> Thanks, Robert
>

> On 04.04.2012, at 18:52, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> I can understand the EOModel failing to import, especially since
>> EOF-import support is a pretty low priority at this point, however you
>> should be able to add the DataNode in manually.  Did you try exiting
>> the modeler after the import, running it again, and seeing if you
>> could add (and save) the DataNode then?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r<huber@seven-r.ch>  wrote:
>>> It seems the datanode is not saved only when it is imported via an EOModel file.
I import an EOModel and the datanode appears as it does in the Entity Modeler. As soon as
I save the Cayenne project, the datanode is lost. So I created a new datanode and copy/pasted
all driver info to the newly created datanode. Saving the project again lost the datanode
which came into CayenneModeler by importing the EOModel, but at least I had the info in the
internally created datanode.
>>> It's repeatable. Should I put it into JIRA'
>>>
>>> Regards, Robert
>>>

>>> _/ _/ _/ _/ _/                             r. huber
>>>                _/
>>>             _/      _/      _/           7r gmbh
>>>          _/      _/  _/               alpenstrasse 93
>>>       _/      _//                   ch-8200 schaffhausen
>>>    _/      _/
>>> _/      _/                    tel. +41 52 624 81 15   www.seven-r.ch

is a bug in the trunk build of the Modeler :)

(via splash screen) again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

plugin version is relatively new.

you were editing. Clicking one should open it.

can be used sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project,
I get the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
I left when I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to
just use CayenneModeler or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?

--
Aristedes Maniatis