cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: select over PKs
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 08:54:48 GMT
On 2/04/12 5:49 PM, Sheldon wrote:
> If I specify a pageSize than I get any PK of objects.
> I want, that I know a list of PKs and get their Objects.

I suspect that the suggestion here is to think about using Cayenne in a different way. What
you are trying to do often suggests that you are working against the ORM rather than with
it. Of course it is certainly possible you have a legitimate use for this approach, but often
when people ask this question the answer is "Think about how you got that list of PKs in the
first place and what you are wanting to do with them. Instead of passing PKs around your application,
just use objects that these PKs point to." If you get these PKs from outside your application,
you may have no option. But if you are generating them inside the application, then don't
do that.

Does that help at all?

Cheers
Ari