cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:43:41 GMT
Hi Michael

I can perfectly understand that EOModel Import is low priority. For us it's the key part as
we have quite a few EOModels, the biggest having more than 130 entities with more than 200
relationships (and using comments extensively, which are not supported at the moment in CM,
as far as I understand), so we only can make the switch if can get the models over to CayenneModeler.
I copy/paste the DataNode info over to a newly created DataNode, then it works.

Thanks, Robert

On 04.04.2012, at 18:52, Michael Gentry wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I can understand the EOModel failing to import, especially since
> EOF-import support is a pretty low priority at this point, however you
> should be able to add the DataNode in manually.  Did you try exiting
> the modeler after the import, running it again, and seeing if you
> could add (and save) the DataNode then?
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg
>

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r <huber@seven-r.ch> wrote:
>> It seems the datanode is not saved only when it is imported via an EOModel file.
I import an EOModel and the datanode appears as it does in the Entity Modeler. As soon as
I save the Cayenne project, the datanode is lost. So I created a new datanode and copy/pasted
all driver info to the newly created datanode. Saving the project again lost the datanode
which came into CayenneModeler by importing the EOModel, but at least I had the info in the
internally created datanode.
>> It's repeatable. Should I put it into JIRA'
>>
>> Regards, Robert
>>

>> _/ _/ _/ _/ _/                             r. huber
>>               _/
>>            _/      _/      _/           7r gmbh
>>         _/      _/  _/               alpenstrasse 93
>>      _/      _//                   ch-8200 schaffhausen
>>   _/      _/
>> _/      _/                    tel. +41 52 624 81 15   www.seven-r.ch
>>

>> On 04.04.2012, at 11:52, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> The only reason I can think of is that the project wasn't saved... Or there is
a bug in the trunk build of the Modeler :)

splash screen) again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

plugin version is relatively new.

were editing. Clicking one should open it.

be used sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project,
I get the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
left when I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just
use CayenneModeler or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?