cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:52:53 GMT
The only reason I can think of is that the project wasn't saved... Or there is a bug in the
trunk build of the Modeler :)

On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:
> Hello Ari
>
> Thanks a lot, problem is my DataNode is lost when I open the project (via splash screen)
again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

> Robert
>

> On 04.04.2012, at 10:14, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>
>> Cayenne modeler is first and foremost a standalone tool. The eclipse plugin version
is relatively new.

>> When you run modeler, the splash screen shows you the last models you were editing.
Clicking one should open it.

>> Ari
>>
>> On 4/04/12 5:38 PM, Robert Huber @ 7r wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> As a newbie to Cayenne, I would like to know if CayenneModeler can be used sensibly
as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project, I get the 2 files
cayenne-<project-name>.xml and<project-name.map.xml.
>>> Double clicking on either doesn't bring me back into the state I left when I
saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just use CayenneModeler
or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?