cayenne-user mailing list archives

From yunus <coolyunus1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne with JSF 2
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:23:21 GMT
hi Andrus,
I have two queries related to cayenne-

1- I have a table "registration" in which there is a primary key
"EnrolmentId" which is autogenerated after successfully registration. Other
attributes are "Name" and "PAN ID".(PAN ID can belong to more than one
member of a family).So i want to know how i can find that a person cannot
register more than once.I want to find through combined search of (Name &
PAN ID) but these are not composite key as Enrolment id is already a primary
key.Now can you tell me how it can be done using Cayenne.

2-How can i restrict cayenne to autogenerate the primary key.The scenario is
that i have a table "LOGIN" in which "UserID"  is primary key and i dont
want it to be generated automatically.It is upto the user to create his
"userID" so how can i do that?