cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: lazy loading (slightly OT but still pretty important)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:12:53 GMT

On Mar 30, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Durchholz, Joachim wrote:

>> Thanks for explaining. If this is so, it sounds... unscalable.
>
> How so?

You have to inflate your cache anew from DB in every transaction. You don't have any data
when you start.

However I don't think you are right in your assessment. Googling "Hibernate second level cache"
shows that its scope goes beyond a single session. And hence my original question - how do
they reconcile second level cache presence and the promise of 100% data consistency. My answer
is that they don't. So their bigger argument about data consistency is moot.

Andrus