cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Memory Usage Problem with Tomcat
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:54:52 GMT
Well it turns out that I executed the test incorrectly.  I performed the test a second time,
and I was left with superfluous Cayenne objects.

I guess that tomcat 7 isn't catching these leaks after all - which is odd, because this sounds
exactly like the scenarios that Thomas was discussing in his lecture.

On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>
>> 1. what is nominal behavior for Cayenne 3.0.1 - wrt the EventManager Dispatch Thread?
 Should there be 5 of them normally or should there only be one.

> 5 dispatch threads is the default. So this is correct and means that you only have 1
Cayenne stack and 1 EventManager in the app.