cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Birkenes ...@dataloy.com>
Subject Re: Serialization problem
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:01:54 GMT

> I think I we can achieve compliant serialization behavior by using
> "transient" on fields that are serialized manually.

Yes, I think that is probably the "correct" way to do this. I think that is
what the spec means by "optional fields".

> But yeah, this is certainly low priority, especially since you've found a
> workaround.

Agreed, even though I don't feel having to build a custom jar is a good
workaround, but it will do for right now.
I'll take this up with the River developers and I can create a Jira issue
after that if necessary.

-Erlend