cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Simran Narula <snar...@avoka.com>
Subject Track Column level changes in Cayenne
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:58:31 GMT
Hi,

I need to log each action taken on my portal UI for e.g.

Price changed for product x

Assume all the information is contained within one table i.e.both price & the product
information.

When the portal is loaded with product information, user can change the price of the product.

I want to check if the price has changed or not and for that I am using a pre-update call
back in Cayenne entity to check these changes, I want to check if the price x is changed to
Y and push another history record in the Database. So far I have tried cache strategies -
NO_CACHE and other workarounds but no success yet.

surely I can achieve this by other hacky means, but do not want to. My question is... is there
any way to track column level changes in Cayenne ?

Thanks.
Simran