cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: lazy loading (slightly OT but still pretty important)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:34:32 GMT
Andrus,

I am pretty smart, but I have NO idea what you just said, :)   I would really like to understand
your argument as it sounds like something that might be important to my project.  Do you have
an analysis somewhere I read up on this?

Thanks
Joe

On Mar 30, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Durchholz, Joachim wrote:
>
>>> Thanks for explaining. If this is so, it sounds... unscalable.
>>
>> How so?
>
> You have to inflate your cache anew from DB in every transaction. You don't have any
data when you start.

> However I don't think you are right in your assessment. Googling "Hibernate second level
cache" shows that its scope goes beyond a single session. And hence my original question -
how do they reconcile second level cache presence and the promise of 100% data consistency.
My answer is that they don't. So their bigger argument about data consistency is moot.