cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: DataContexts mixed
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:19:11 GMT
On 31/03/12 3:06 AM, Bruno René Santos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using now Cayenne 3.1M4 Snapshot and first let me just say that its
> performance is much better than 3.0.1 (How did you do it? just curious) but
> I am having a strange problem.
>
> I am creating a web application with popups as item details where I use
> child contexts in order to able to rollback changes on these popups without
> ruining the level below the popup. One of the quirks we have, by client
> request, is that any commit changes on any popup saves directly to the DB
> but we still need to mantain the local roolback on each popup.

I suspect that Cayenne child nested contexts are not what you want to be using there. You
probably just want another plain vanilla context, but once you commit you might want to copy
any objects you just committed into the "parent" context (if they are referred to there).

I can see that your code is going to get very messy if the "parent" object is new and not
yet committed to the database, but you open the popup and want to commit those to the database
with a join to the parent. Ugh.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis