cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Memory Usage Problem with Tomcat
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:41:20 GMT
On 14/03/12 5:59 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
> OK, I think that I may have run into this before.  The ultimate "solution" was to increase
memory - however, I am concerned that may have been a quick-fix and not a long-term fix.

> The problem is out of memory errors associated with tomcat heap.

Under FreeBSD I had odd memory issues with tomcat 7 until I switched from using the Diablo
(Sun approved) JDK and instead used the openjdk6. Then all the memory leak issues went away.

Mind you I am still stuck with other issues to do with parallel deployment in tomcat7 but
I don't think they have anything to do with Cayenne.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis