cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: lazy loading (slightly OT but still pretty important)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:04:39 GMT
Let me try to think how to better present my point. I'll try to get back in a few days.

On Mar 30, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> Andrus,
>
> I am pretty smart, but I have NO idea what you just said, :)   I would really like to
understand your argument as it sounds like something that might be important to my project.
 Do you have an analysis somewhere I read up on this?

> Thanks
> Joe

>>> How so?
>>
>> You have to inflate your cache anew from DB in every transaction. You don't have
any data when you start.

>> However I don't think you are right in your assessment. Googling "Hibernate second
level cache" shows that its scope goes beyond a single session. And hence my original question
- how do they reconcile second level cache presence and the promise of 100% data consistency.
My answer is that they don't. So their bigger argument about data consistency is moot.