cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Memory Usage Problem with Tomcat
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:36:41 GMT
Thanks.

Yes, it is hard to tell where to start investigating.   I had a theory that if I could log
when the Cayenne data objects were being created and destroyed, then I could definitively
say whether this is a Cayenne related issue or not.

Joe

On Mar 13, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 14/03/12 5:59 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>> OK, I think that I may have run into this before.  The ultimate "solution" was to
increase memory - however, I am concerned that may have been a quick-fix and not a long-term
fix.

>> The problem is out of memory errors associated with tomcat heap.
>
> Under FreeBSD I had odd memory issues with tomcat 7 until I switched from using the Diablo
(Sun approved) JDK and instead used the openjdk6. Then all the memory leak issues went away.

> Mind you I am still stuck with other issues to do with parallel deployment in tomcat7
but I don't think they have anything to do with Cayenne.