cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Memory Usage Problem with Tomcat
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 00:25:27 GMT
Andrus,

I just performed an interesting test.

1. installed my web app into the tomcat 7 webapps dir
2. however, this time, I deleted my app's jar file (that contains all of my Cayenne Persistence
Objects created by the modeler)
2. started tomcat 7
3. the visualvm snapshot showed the nominal 5 Cayenne EventManagers
4. I then undeployed the webapp with Tomcat 7 Manager
5. I then took a new visualvm snapshot that showed the same 5 Cayenne EventManagers

I have 0 files in the WEB-INF/classes dir.  The only other classes would be the JSP's - and
I believe that I deleted the entire cache correctly before I started Tomcat7.  So I am *fairly*
sure I have eliminated my code - well unless I am wrong abut how tomcat handles the JSP's.

This looks very odd to me.  I do have quite a few libraries that are in my WEB-INF/lib dir.
 I wonder if there is some sort of interaction.

Please let me know if you have ideas for better tests.  (I think I am going to try to eliminate
all of my jsp's and then the other apache libs.

Joe

On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>
>> 1. what is nominal behavior for Cayenne 3.0.1 - wrt the EventManager Dispatch Thread?
 Should there be 5 of them normally or should there only be one.

> 5 dispatch threads is the default. So this is correct and means that you only have 1
Cayenne stack and 1 EventManager in the app.