cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:03:05 GMT
Hi cghersi,

can you check the table in question on the DB side to see that it is configured to autoincrement
an ID column. You haven't mentioned what DB you are using, so here is an example for MySQL
(see 'auto_increment' in the 'Extra' column) :

> desc mytable;
| Field                          | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| ID                             | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |

| EMAIL                          | varchar(128) | NO   | UNI | NULL    |                |

Cheers,
Andrus