cayenne-user mailing list archives

From cghersi <cristiano.ghe...@abodata.com>
Subject RE: Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:10:34 GMT
Update: I think I found the real source of the problem.

When I commit the just created object, I use the method context.commitChanges() that saves
ALL my persistent objects. If in another thread I’m creating another persistent object in
the meanwhile, such object is saved with the partial information just added.

e.g.

in the first thread:

MyPerstObject1 newObj = context.get().newObject(MyPerstObject1.class);

newObj.setField1(“valueForField1”);

newObj.setField2(“valueForField2”);

newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);

newObj.setField4(“valueForField4”);

context.commitChanges();

in another thread:

MyPerstObject2 newObj = context.get().newObject(MyPerstObject2.class); //there’s a “Id”
PK field AUTO_INCREMENT (MySQL)

newObj.setField1(“valueForField1”);

newObj.setField2(“valueForField2”);

newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);

newObj.setField4(“valueForField4”);

newObj.setField5(“valueForField5”);

newObj.setField6(“valueForField6”);

context.commitChanges();

Now, if the commitChanges() in the first thread is invoked e.g. when I performing newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);
in the another thread, the newObj of type MyPerstObject2 should be saved without fields 4,5,6
filled, resulting in ValidationException in the first thread (given that field 4, 5 and/or
6 are mandatory).

I also tried to make the fields 4,5,6 optional, but in this case another exception occurs:

org.apache.cayenne.access.OptimisticLockException: [v.3.0 Apr 26 2010 09:59:17] Optimistic
Lock Failure, SQL: [UPDATE MyPerstObject2 SET Field1 = ?, Field2 = ?, Field3 = ?, Field4 =
?, Field5 = ?, Field6 = ? WHERE Id IS NULL], WHERE clause bindings: [Id=NULL]

at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.runAsIndividualQueries(BatchAction.java:232)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.performAction(BatchAction.java:91)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:87)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:269)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.runQueries(DataDomainFlushAction.java:226)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:144)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:824)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:791)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:850)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:788)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1106)

at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:1045)

This issue is really driving me crazy!!

Please, let me know what I’m doing wrong…

Thank you very much

Best

cghersi