cayenne-user mailing list archives

From cghersi <cristiano.ghe...@abodata.com>
Subject RE: Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:13:13 GMT
Hi Robert,

thank you for the hint: using one data context per request solved the problem!

Up to now, I didn’t encountered any more this issue.

Thanks to all for the help!

Best

cghersi

From: Robert Zeigler-6 [via Cayenne] [mailto:ml-node+s195n3818950h82@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: lunedì 12 marzo 2012 12:18
To: cghersi
Subject: Re: Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit

Are you using one datacontext for the entire application?

Generally, you want one datacontext per user, or even one datacontext per request, depending
on your use-case.

The exception is a "read-only" data context for data that doesn't typically change (lookup
tables, for instance).

Robert

On Mar 12, 2012, at 3/126:10 AM , cghersi wrote:

> Update: I think I found the real source of the problem.
>
> When I commit the just created object, I use the method context.commitChanges() that
saves ALL my persistent objects. If in another thread I’m creating another persistent object
in the meanwhile, such object is saved with the partial information just added.

> e.g.
>
> in the first thread:
>
> MyPerstObject1 newObj = context.get().newObject(MyPerstObject1.class);
>
> newObj.setField1(“valueForField1”);
>
> newObj.setField2(“valueForField2”);
>
> newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);
>
> newObj.setField4(“valueForField4”);
>
> context.commitChanges();
>

> in another thread:
>
> MyPerstObject2 newObj = context.get().newObject(MyPerstObject2.class); //there’s a
“Id” PK field AUTO_INCREMENT (MySQL)

> newObj.setField1(“valueForField1”);
>
> newObj.setField2(“valueForField2”);
>
> newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);
>
> newObj.setField4(“valueForField4”);
>
> newObj.setField5(“valueForField5”);
>
> newObj.setField6(“valueForField6”);
>
> context.commitChanges();
>

> Now, if the commitChanges() in the first thread is invoked e.g. when I performing newObj.setField3(“valueForField3”);
in the another thread, the newObj of type MyPerstObject2 should be saved without fields 4,5,6
filled, resulting in ValidationException in the first thread (given that field 4, 5 and/or
6 are mandatory).

> I also tried to make the fields 4,5,6 optional, but in this case another exception occurs:

> org.apache.cayenne.access.OptimisticLockException: [v.3.0 Apr 26 2010 09:59:17] Optimistic
Lock Failure, SQL: [UPDATE MyPerstObject2 SET Field1 = ?, Field2 = ?, Field3 = ?, Field4 =
?, Field5 = ?, Field6 = ? WHERE Id IS NULL], WHERE clause bindings: [Id=NULL]

> at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.runAsIndividualQueries(BatchAction.java:232)

> at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.performAction(BatchAction.java:91)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:87)

> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:269)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.runQueries(DataDomainFlushAction.java:226)

> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:144)

> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:824)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$2.transform(DataDomain.java:791)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:850)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:788)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:1106)
>
> at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:1045)
>

> This issue is really driving me crazy!!
>
> Please, let me know what I’m doing wrong…
>

> Thank you very much
>
> Best
>
> cghersi

to all my context.commitChanges(): this solution, anyway, seems to be too drastic for my application:
is there a way to commit changes related only to a single table?

> Thank you very much.
>
> Best
>
> cghersi

So there's something else at play too.

<http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer <http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML

  _____

http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/Temporary-ID-hasn-t-been-replaced-on-commit-tp3801043p3818950.html

.