cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:37:24 GMT
Problem Statement: Seemingly misleading FK exception from MySQL on production server
Repeatability: 100% on the production server, 0% on the dev server

****** New Test:
1. After setting Cayenne logging to DEBUG (in the last test) => the FK error disappeared
mysteriously (leaving me nonplused)
2. So I resorted to hacking.
3. Since I had initially duplicated the Database via a MySQL dump, I decided to do it a different
way.
	a. I saved the Cayenne generated DB struct to a sql file and ran it.
	b. I saved the Database data to a separate sql file an ran it.
	c. I deleted all the cache files (that I could find)
	d. I commented out the Cayenne logging directive
	d. I restarted tomcat
4. Results: The FK problem has not occurred after 5 tests.

Does anyone have a clue as to what happened here, or should I just pour myself a beer a call
it "done". :)  My current (unsubstantiated) theory is the the Cayenne logging directive somehow
"cleared the drains", but I am unsatisfied with this "work boot" theory.

Thanks for all the patient comments.
Joe

On Feb 8, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Durchholz, Joachim wrote:

>> One thing you can do is to insert the P6Spy database driver into your app
>> -- this jdbc driver wrapper will provide logging at the jdbc level, which
>> would let you see what's going on without having to enable java logging.
>
> To see what part of the application is issuing the request, you could take the sources
(available from http://p6spy.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/p6spy/trunk/src/main/java ) and insert
logging of stack traces. That should at least point you in the direction what's responsible.