cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne external transaction
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:32:50 GMT

On Feb 21, 2012, at 11:28 AM, YK 7 wrote:

> A final question: In order to properly handle trx across multiple DBs, can
> we use as much DataDomains as DBs?
>
> In this case, each DataDomain defines its DataNode(s) (DNs: same DB +
> different schemas). We can then have several DataContexts
> that we have to handle in the application end.

Sure. Separating DB's by DataDomain is the best way to ensure there's no cross-DB objects
in one context. If you are on 3.0.x, you'd define multiple DataDomains in a single project;
if you are on 3.1 (that features single DataDomain per ServerRuntime), you'd need to start
multiple ServerRuntimes, one per DataDomain.

Andrus