cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne and transactions
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:11:10 GMT
This thread is pretty long, so I am not sure if I missed that suggestion, but manual transactions
would allow you to wrap multiple commitChanges calls, allowing JVM to split commits and limit
memory. Essentially you start a manual transaction, binding it to the current thread, then
do as many commits to DB as you need (possibly across different ObjectConexts), then commit
the transaction:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/understanding-transactions.html

On Feb 6, 2012, at 11:07 PM, Daniel Scheibe wrote:
> Btw: Are there any plans on integrating streams instead of byte[] buffers into cayenne
at some point in the future? MS-SQL Server has this FileStream data type which looks promising
but would require to channel the JDBC driver streams support all the way up to the Entity
level.

I looked at this in the past and most drivers wouldn't let us do it. But I am certainly +1
on adding streaming objects to Cayenne and researching this deeper. Maybe Jira that?

Andrus