cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:02:57 GMT
Well, if it is not "insane", then what should I do?  I mean if the app only works correctly
when logging is set to DEBUG then I would think that indicates a problems.  I could run the
app with DEBUG on all the time, but that would just be covering up what I would assume is
a serious problem.  What should I do next to debug this problem?

More info:
Each time I update my project jar file, I do a recursive "touch" (which I have found forces
tomcat to recompile all the jsp's and recognize the new jar file).  After this, I restart
tomcat.  There was a problem with the webhost's configuration of tomcat caching static variables
from the previous jar file into jsp static non-variables.   I would *presume* this would clear
out everything, but maybe not.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> 2. So I found their log4j.properties file and inserted "log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger=DEBUG"
 (I hope this is what you were thinking of)