cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:18:01 GMT
Oops.  Didn't finish.

And your next step is to determine how the sort orderings are
different (by looking at the log results), determine why a certain
sort causes a problem, and then subclass the sorter to insure it sorts
in a consistently-valid manner each time.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think what Michael is saying is that the ashwood sorter isn't
> guaranteed to return the same results for the same commit operation on
> the next run after the application is restarted.   So setting the
> logging wasn't what caused the change -- it was restarting the app.
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Well, if it is not "insane", then what should I do?  I mean if the app only works
correctly when logging is set to DEBUG then I would think that indicates a problems.  I could
run the app with DEBUG on all the time, but that would just be covering up what I would assume
is a serious problem.  What should I do next to debug this problem?

>> More info:
>> Each time I update my project jar file, I do a recursive "touch" (which I have found
forces tomcat to recompile all the jsp's and recognize the new jar file).  After this, I
restart tomcat.  There was a problem with the webhost's configuration of tomcat caching static
variables from the previous jar file into jsp static non-variables.   I would *presume* this
would clear out everything, but maybe not.

 (I hope this is what you were thinking of)