cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:15:58 GMT
I think what Michael is saying is that the ashwood sorter isn't
guaranteed to return the same results for the same commit operation on
the next run after the application is restarted.   So setting the
logging wasn't what caused the change -- it was restarting the app.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well, if it is not "insane", then what should I do?  I mean if the app only works correctly
when logging is set to DEBUG then I would think that indicates a problems.  I could run the
app with DEBUG on all the time, but that would just be covering up what I would assume is
a serious problem.  What should I do next to debug this problem?

> More info:
> Each time I update my project jar file, I do a recursive "touch" (which I have found
forces tomcat to recompile all the jsp's and recognize the new jar file).  After this, I
restart tomcat.  There was a problem with the webhost's configuration of tomcat caching static
variables from the previous jar file into jsp static non-variables.   I would *presume* this
would clear out everything, but maybe not.

> On Feb 8, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Joe Baldwin <jfbaldwin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> 2. So I found their log4j.properties file and inserted "log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger=DEBUG"
 (I hope this is what you were thinking of)