cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 07:29:29 GMT
While I don't know what the cause of the error is, my recommendation would be to put all Cayenne
files in CLASSPATH (e.g. WEB-INF/classes or in a jar under WEB-INF/lib). This is much more
portable across any Java environments.

Andrus

On Feb 4, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> Here is more research on my "odd error".
>
> Production Server Env
> 	Tomcat, linux, MySQL 5.1, Java 1.6
> 	I only have control of tomcat config files & start/stop operations
> 	**** I am using a *temp* configuration for installation and only have an IP which I
aliased to "om28.com" in my hosts file (a standard trick)

> Symptoms & Research:
> It appears that tomcat has logged a Cayenne configuration exception
>
> 	Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.3.0.1 Aug 25 2010 19:42:04]
Can't open config file URL: jndi:/om28.com/store/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files/cayenne.xml

> Which seems to be accurate because that is not were I put the cayenne.xml file.  Here
is my web.xml entry for the app

> 	<!-- Cayenne ORM -->
> 	<context-param>
> 		<param-name>cayenne.configuration.path</param-name>
> 		<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files</param-value>
> 	</context-param>
> 	<filter>
> 		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
> 		<filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter</filter-class>
> 	</filter>
> 	<filter-mapping>
> 		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
> 		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
> 	</filter-mapping>
>
> Questions:
> 1. I have no understanding of why Cayenne would be looking for the xml file in a path
that included "store". Could this be a result of it getting confused by the alias "om28.com"?
> 2. I have a demo working on the same webhost, but as a subdomain. It is using, I believe,
the identical web.xml excerpt.  This same web.xml file is working on my development server.
 Is there a way to configure cayenne or the temp installation to make this work correctly
> 3. Or, am I completely on the wrong track? :)
>

> On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>
>> I am manually mirroring a test app (successfully tested on my dev tomcat), onto a
remote server.  I am getting an odd error and am having trouble tracking it down. (an excerpt
is listed below)
>> While it is possible that I have made a mistake in my coding, it is not likely since
the associated code has been working for a while.  I have also been fighting some tomcat caching
problems, which I have resolved by deleting the tomcat cache for this app each time I reload
it.
>> I have tried standard debugging on my dev server, but the error is not showing up.
 Also, it this error shows up mostly when I am adding the parent to which it is referring,
however, it also has just shown up at random when I make a simple query via cayenne.
>> Is it possible that I have missed some configuration parameter in loading my cayenne
map? It is acting so odd that I am fairly convinced that this error message may not be pointing
to the actual error.
>> Totally confused. :)
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>>

>> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot
add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails