cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:40:55 GMT
Here is more research on my "odd error".

Production Server Env
	Tomcat, linux, MySQL 5.1, Java 1.6
	I only have control of tomcat config files & start/stop operations
	**** I am using a *temp* configuration for installation and only have an IP which I aliased
to "om28.com" in my hosts file (a standard trick)

Symptoms & Research:
It appears that tomcat has logged a Cayenne configuration exception

	Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.3.0.1 Aug 25 2010 19:42:04] Can't
open config file URL: jndi:/om28.com/store/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files/cayenne.xml

Which seems to be accurate because that is not were I put the cayenne.xml file.  Here is my
web.xml entry for the app

	<!-- Cayenne ORM -->
	<context-param>
		<param-name>cayenne.configuration.path</param-name>
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files</param-value>
	</context-param>
	<filter>
		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
		<filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter</filter-class>
	</filter>
	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

Questions:
1. I have no understanding of why Cayenne would be looking for the xml file in a path that
included "store". Could this be a result of it getting confused by the alias "om28.com"?
2. I have a demo working on the same webhost, but as a subdomain. It is using, I believe,
the identical web.xml excerpt.  This same web.xml file is working on my development server.
 Is there a way to configure cayenne or the temp installation to make this work correctly
3. Or, am I completely on the wrong track? :)

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> I am manually mirroring a test app (successfully tested on my dev tomcat), onto a remote
server.  I am getting an odd error and am having trouble tracking it down. (an excerpt is
listed below)
> While it is possible that I have made a mistake in my coding, it is not likely since
the associated code has been working for a while.  I have also been fighting some tomcat caching
problems, which I have resolved by deleting the tomcat cache for this app each time I reload
it.
> I have tried standard debugging on my dev server, but the error is not showing up.  Also,
it this error shows up mostly when I am adding the parent to which it is referring, however,
it also has just shown up at random when I make a simple query via cayenne.
> Is it possible that I have missed some configuration parameter in loading my cayenne
map? It is acting so odd that I am fairly convinced that this error message may not be pointing
to the actual error.
> Totally confused. :)
> Thanks,
> Joe
>

> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot add
or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails