cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:04:52 GMT

On Feb 8, 2012, at 9:37 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue as to what happened here, or should I just pour myself a beer
a call it "done". :)

I am fairy sure Cayenne logging being on or off has nothing to do with it. My guess (not knowing
much about your deployment environment) is that there are some partial deploy problems with
app being in inconsistent state.

Stopping Tomcat, completely removing its work/ directory (among other things this kills previously
serialized sessions), and the contents of webapps/, then deploying a fresh war and starting
Tomcat back again should probably be the first step whenever such unpredictable behavior occurs.
(the folders to delete are for the default Tomcat layout; of course things may live in other
places if Tomcat was customized).

And then check the logs... As was mentioned in this thread, any Cayenne-originated DB exception
should be preceded by the SQL statement(s) generated by Cayenne that caused the error. So
it should be easy to trace the history.

Andrus