cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Where to put the ServerRuntime in a servlet app?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:05:55 GMT
Yes, normally a Cayenne stack should be shared between all servlets, filters, etc. in a webapp.
"Application" scope is provided by javax.servlet.ServletContext per servlet specification.

Bootstrapping ServerRuntime and placing it in the app scope can be done via a variety of ways
- Filter.init, Servlet.init, ServletContextListener.contextInitialized. CayenneFilter provided
by Cayenne is a good template for how ServerRuntime should be started and stopped:

https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/configuration/web/CayenneFilter.java

Andrus