cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 23:48:14 GMT
Andrus,

Is there a webhost server setting that might account for this?  (I googled this problem and
the first results appears to point to webhost settings.   I, presumably, set account privileges
for the user, but this was through a 3rd party manager interface - which is always a bit unsettling
because you can't verify it.)

Here is the current error (which is really odd because it is working just fine on my dev server)

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot add or
update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`eagle1_om28`.`product`, CONSTRAINT `product_ibfk_2`
FOREIGN KEY (`packageTypeOid`) REFERENCES `packagetype` (`oid`))

Thanks
Joe

On Feb 5, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> While I don't know what the cause of the error is, my recommendation would be to put
all Cayenne files in CLASSPATH (e.g. WEB-INF/classes or in a jar under WEB-INF/lib). This
is much more portable across any Java environments.

> Andrus
>
> On Feb 4, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>
>> Here is more research on my "odd error".
>>
>> Production Server Env
>> 	Tomcat, linux, MySQL 5.1, Java 1.6
>> 	I only have control of tomcat config files & start/stop operations
>> 	**** I am using a *temp* configuration for installation and only have an IP which
I aliased to "om28.com" in my hosts file (a standard trick)

>> Symptoms & Research:
>> It appears that tomcat has logged a Cayenne configuration exception
>>
>> 	Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.3.0.1 Aug 25 2010 19:42:04]
Can't open config file URL: jndi:/om28.com/store/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files/cayenne.xml

>> Which seems to be accurate because that is not were I put the cayenne.xml file.
Here is my web.xml entry for the app

>> 	<!-- Cayenne ORM -->
>> 	<context-param>
>> 		<param-name>cayenne.configuration.path</param-name>
>> 		<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files</param-value>
>> 	</context-param>
>> 	<filter>
>> 		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
>> 		<filter-class>org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter</filter-class>
>> 	</filter>
>> 	<filter-mapping>
>> 		<filter-name>CayenneFilter</filter-name>
>> 		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>> 	</filter-mapping>
>>
>> Questions:
>> 1. I have no understanding of why Cayenne would be looking for the xml file in a
path that included "store". Could this be a result of it getting confused by the alias "om28.com"?
>> 2. I have a demo working on the same webhost, but as a subdomain. It is using, I
believe, the identical web.xml excerpt.  This same web.xml file is working on my development
server.  Is there a way to configure cayenne or the temp installation to make this work correctly
>> 3. Or, am I completely on the wrong track? :)
>>

>> On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>>
>>> I am manually mirroring a test app (successfully tested on my dev tomcat), onto
a remote server.  I am getting an odd error and am having trouble tracking it down. (an excerpt
is listed below)
>>> While it is possible that I have made a mistake in my coding, it is not likely
since the associated code has been working for a while.  I have also been fighting some tomcat
caching problems, which I have resolved by deleting the tomcat cache for this app each time
I reload it.
>>> I have tried standard debugging on my dev server, but the error is not showing
up.  Also, it this error shows up mostly when I am adding the parent to which it is referring,
however, it also has just shown up at random when I make a simple query via cayenne.
>>> Is it possible that I have missed some configuration parameter in loading my
cayenne map? It is acting so odd that I am fairly convinced that this error message may not
be pointing to the actual error.